Photobucket

Saturday, April 14, 2012

After the Break

I don't like to post a blog about a cafe without having tried the coffee, but today I am pressed for time and can only comment on the ambiance. Just imagine this is a thrilling tv show, splitting episodes to boost viewer ratings.

So I ventured into Texas French Bread Co. the other day, and I have to say, I like what I saw.

I didn't get the opportunity to try out the coffee, but I did get a chance to talk to the barista about their coffee. Like many other shops in the area, Texas French Bread Co. gets their coffee from the local roaster Anderson's. Anderson's turns out different brews for different pallets, so although you might find their roasts sold in multiple shops, it is possible that each shop has chosen a different flavor roast, in the hopes of standing out.

The cafe is one big room. Huge. There is minimal electrical lighting as most of the store is lit by large, tall windows that capitalize almost all the free space available. The vast amount of natural lighting lends to the store the feeling of solace on an isolated oasis, plopped in the middle of a loud and bustling city.

Texas French Bread Co. is a break from the 9-5 monotony. The radio is set to NPR, filling the air with random bursts of off-beat music sandwiched between soft voices discussing the latest in all the news. I can't wait to try this cafe out. I have to dash (class is about to start) but I will be back here again very, very soon.


TO BE CONTINUED.....dun dun dunnnnnn duuuuunnnnnnnn

No comments:

Post a Comment